Travel grants for ICUC11
The ICUC11 Travel Grants provide funds to assist students and early career researchers (ECRs) with costs associated with attending the in-person meeting and training sessions.
Two types of grants are currently available in the amount of $500 and $1000 USD, sponsored by the American Meteorological Society (AMS) and the International Associate of Urban Climate (IAUC), respectively.
Evaluation criteria and requirements
Preference is given based on the following:
- Applicants from demographic and geographic backgrounds underrepresented in Urban Climate research
- Applicants who demonstrate financial need
- Applicants who are affiliated with institutions in low-income countries (Income-level is defined by country by the World Bank at: https://bit.ly/399tEwL)
- Applicants who have never had the opportunity to present their work outside of their home country, and
- Applicants who are in the final year of their degree program.
To be eligible for the travel grant, applicants must:
- Have received acceptance for an ICUC11 abstract either for an Oral or Poster presentation. You must include your abstract reference number on the application
- Be the first/presenting author
- Be a student or early-career researcher (up to 5-yrs post Ph.D. considering career interruptions)
- Demonstrate sufficient funding resources to cover the remaining costs regarding meeting registration and travel expense
Apply for a Travel Grant
12 May 2023