The 11th International Conference on Urban Climate invites you to submit an abstract for possible inclusion within the official program.
SUBMISSION NOTIFICATIONS HAVE NOW BEEN SENT!
If you haven’t received your submission notification, please check your junk/spam folder first. If you still cannot locate your result, please contact the ICUC11 Program Manager.
Below are important dates and information for submitters/presenters
Submissions now closed
Abstract notifications have now been sent
A non-refundable processing fee of AUD60.00 applies to each abstract submission. This must be paid in full at the time of submission and is separate to any registration fees. You will be directed to PayPal for payment. You can either log into your PayPal account to complete payment, alternatively within this section you an also opt to pay by debit or credit card if you don’t have an account. A PayPal account is not required
If we do not receive payment for your submission, it will not be considered for the program.
Important: the abstract submission fee is payable in addition to registration fees should your work be accepted into the program.
Abstracts can be submitted for either oral or poster presentations.
Oral presentations will be asked to present an oral presentation at the conference including a PowerPoint presentation and Q&A with the audience.
Poster presentations will be asked to present a visual poster display and be available to discuss their research during meeting breaks.
- All submissions must be in English. English is the official conference language, and all presentations must also be in English
- Submission titles must not be longer than 20 words and should be brief and explicit
- Submissions must not exceed 300 words, be clear and concise, highlight relevant aspects, findings and conclusions
- Only standard abbreviations may be used within submissions
- References are not required for submissions, but can be included if you wish
- The abstract title, section headings, author information are not included in the overall word count
- Tables, graphs and images are permitted within submissions (maximum 2)
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author
- All successful applicants are required to register for the conference and pay the registration fee
- All presenters are required to register within 2 weeks of receiving their notification
- Any abstract that does not comply with these specifications may not be accepted for review
Please enter submission information carefully, information will be published exactly as submitted.
All abstract submissions must be received online through the abstract submission portal.
Abstract submission topics
Abstract submissions are welcome under any of the following topics:
Please ensure that you open the ‘+’ next to each main theme to explore the sub-themes available for your submission.
- Boundary layer and urban canopy layer processes
- Surface and subsurface urban processes
- Boundary-layer effects
- Urban hydrology
- Urban water management and urban flooding
- Urban air quality
- Pollutant dispersion in the urban canopy layer
- Urban greenhouse gas emissions and uptakes in cities
- Extreme weather and disasters in the urban environment
- Forecasting and impact assessment of extreme weather events in cities
- Influence of cities on precipitations and thunderstorms
- Multi-scale numerical studies of urban environments
- Cities in global- and regional-scale climate models
- Urban canopy parameterizations and models
- New observational techniques to study urban climate
- Field campaigns, sensor and network development
- Urban remote sensing
- Wind tunnel and scale model outdoor experiments
- Urban climate informatics
- IoT sensing, Crowdsourcing, and Citizen Science
- Infilling urban climate networks with Big Data and Artificial Intelligence
- Urban databases and city analytics
- Geospatial datasets
- Methods, applications, and translational research
- Urban microclimate and comfort
- Indoor/Outdoor Thermal comfort
- Physiological impacts of urban heat
- Urban environmental health
- Inter-scale interaction of urban phenomena and climate
- Urban climate and climate change
- Climate risks and vulnerabilities in urban systems
- Climate change mitigation & adaptation in urban systems
- Climate services for cities
- Integrated urban hydrometeorology, climate and environment systems and services
- Urban climate vulnerability in developing countries
- Urban living laboratories: use cases, successful implementation, and challenges
- Climate-sensitive urban design and planning
- Building climates and energy
- Planning and Governance
- Knowledge transfer of urban climate
- Urban climate communication
- Climate-Informed decision-making in cities
- Urban underground climate and sustainable development
- WUDAPT – an overview
- Infectious disease transmission and urban climate: COVID-19 and beyond
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), urban policies and climate actions in developing countries
- Nature-based solutions for sustainable, resilient and liveable cities
- Urban heat mitigation: observations, numerical modelling and integrated assessment methods
- Extreme weather and climate in urban areas, their social impacts, and mitigation
- Exploring co-benefits of integrated low-carbon urban planning initiatives
- Mutual effects of COVID-19 pandemic lockdown measures and urban climate
- Energy and water supply facing compound crises
- Local Government and Urban Climate Management
- All abstracts will be peer reviewed (blind review) by a subsection of the ICUC11 Scientific Committee.
- Incomplete abstracts or abstracts not written in English cannot be processed and will not be reviewed.
Conditions of acceptance
If accepted into the official program; the following conditions will apply:
- Oral presentations can only be presented by one author
- Presenters must be a listed author on the submission
- Accepted presenters must register, pay and present at the conference (scholarships may be available), otherwise the abstract will not be included in the official program.
- Abstract submissions remain the property of ICUC11, and they reserve the right to publish and distribute
Terms and conditions
- Submitting authors declare that the submission is the original work of at least one author/presenter
- Submitting authors declare they have the approval of all listed authors to submit this work
- Accepted presenters must register, pay and present at the conference (scholarships may be available)
- Submitting authors must declare the work described in the abstract has appropriate approval under local, ethical and animal experimentation rules
- Submitting authors must declare that their work does not conflict with any existing copyright agreements
- Submitting authors provide consent for their presentation materials to be used to assist with promoting ICUC22, future ICUC events and on-demand content